HAZEL PARK, Mich. - A military veteran wasn't about to let a would-be robber get away with a crime last week in Hazel Park.
Police said the 64-year-old was at a gas station last Wednesday evening when he was confronted by a man who demanded his money.
Instead of handing anything other, the veteran grabbed the man's gun and the two struggled before the man broke free and ran across the street.
A private police officer who was nearby saw the man running with the gun in his hand and gave chase. The man was eventually arrested in Detroit with the help of Hazel Park police.
The veteran wasn't hurt.
The suspect is 21-year-old Corey Gray. He's been charged with armed robbery and a gun charge.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Trial begins for W. Bloomfield grandma charged with murder
- Authorities: Panhandler shot dead in Pontiac
- Suspected car thief shot by Southfield police
- Community to celebrate 50th anniversary of Shrine Chapel
- Alcohol suspected in fatal Rochester Hills crash
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.