Denver teachers go on strike Monday
The Denver Classroom Teachers Association and Denver Public Schools made a last-ditch effort to settle their differences over the weekend. But the talks went nowhere, meaning up to 92,000 students will go to school without their teachers indefinitely.
Around the country:
- Hawaii: A winter storm pummeled the Hawaiian islands early Monday, bringing gusty winds, squally rain, high surf and even snow at a state park. Read more.
- New York: A Long Island, New York, school district is investigating reports that a picture of nooses labeled "back to school necklaces" was displayed in a middle school classroom. Read more.
- Los Angeles: Police in Los Angeles are trying to determine why a woman crashed through the lobby of a police station with an infant in her car. The incident was caught on video. Read more.
- Arizona: A lawsuit has accused police of torture after an officer was seen on video using a Taser on a man's genitals. Read more.
- New Mexico: Dozens of supporters of President Donald Trump's border security efforts formed a human wall Saturday across a small part of the southern border where there is no fencing. Read more.
Nearly 1 in 7 US children have mental health condition
Half of children with a mental health condition in the United States go without treatment, according to a new study published Monday in the journal JAMA Pediatrics.
Tree of Life shooting suspect arraigned
Tree of Life Synagogue shooting suspect Robert Bowers was arraigned in federal court Monday and pleaded not guilty to new hate crimes charges, a Justice Department spokeswoman said.
El Chapo trial deliberations enter second week
Jury deliberations in the trial of Mexican druglord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzmán stretched into a second week Monday as jurors worked their way through the nearly two and a half months of testimony.
- North Carolina Rep. Walter Jones dies at 76
- Warren: Trump 'may not even be a free person' by 2020
- Northam says he's learned implications of 'white privilege'
- Rep. Ilhan Omar faces backlash over AIPAC comments
- Acting US defense secretary makes unannounced visit to Afghanistan
Grammy winners 2019
The biggest names in music came together on Sunday night for the 61st Annual Grammy Awards.
More ENTERTAINMENT headlines:
- BAFTA Awards 2019: See the full list of winners
- Childish Gambino makes Grammy history
- Lindsey Vonn makes history by winning downhill bronze in final race
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.