Man killed by off-duty officer had 'intelectual disability'
The cousin of a man shot and killed by an off-duty police officer in a California Costco says his relative was nonverbal and couldn't have started the argument that allegedly led to the shooting, according to a report by the Los Angeles Times.
Around the country:
- Phoenix: The mayor of Phoenix apologized to a family who said that police drew guns on them after an alleged shoplifting incident at a Dollar Store last month. Read more.
- North Carolina: North Carolina officials say a shark bit an 8-year-old boy in what is now the third attack this season along the North Carolina coast. Read more.
- Dallas: Dallas Police said that a suspect in an "active shooter incident" was shot during an exchange of gunfire with federal officers in downtown Dallas on Monday. Read more.
- Florida: A Florida man who was arrested Thursday in connection to a string of pool float thefts reportedly told police he stole the inflatables to have sex with instead of raping women. Read more.
- Philadelphia: Police are searching for a gunman who opened fire at a graduation party in Philadelphia Sunday night, killing one and injuring seven. Read more.
Black Boeing employee sues for racial discrimination
An African-American Boeing employee has filed a federal lawsuit against the aviation company alleging racial discrimination after he said his coworkers hung a noose over his desk.
Measles cases in United States rise to 1,044
The measles outbreak in the United States continues to grow, with the number of cases this year now reaching 1,044 as of Friday, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Gloria Vanderbilt dies at 95
Gloria Vanderbilt, the “poor little rich girl” heiress at the center of a scandalous custody battle of the 1930s and the designer jeans queen of the 1970s and ’80s, died on Monday at 95, according to her son, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper.
More ENTERTAINMENT headlines:
- Authorities closing in on person who ordered David Ortiz hit
- O.J.'s Bronco chase 25 years later: Looking back at infamous TV moment
- 'You Need to Calm Down' may be Taylor Swift's most political move yet
- Sotheby's sold to billionaire art collector Patrick Drahi for $3.7 billion
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.