Trial begins for man who aided migrants
For many in the overflow crowd attending the first two days of the federal trial of Scott Warren last week, the stakes were clear: Under the Trump administration, where does humanitarian aid to the thousands of migrants traversing the Arizona desert cross the line into a crime?
Around the country:
- Chicago: At least 45 people were shot -- 10 fatally -- in Chicago over the weekend, according to Chicago Police spokesperson Ronald Westbrooks. Read more.
- Texas: Two Salvadorans -- a transgender woman and a man -- died in US custody near the Mexican border after suffering health problems in separate incidents this weekend, authorities said. Read more.
- Kentucky: A Kentucky pastor is accused of trying to set up a threesome with two underage girls. Read more.
- Alabama: A Methodist church in Alabama is screening an episode of the PBS children's show "Arthur" that has been shunned by Alabama Public Television for featuring a same-sex wedding. Read more.
Quest Diagnostics reports data breach
Quest Diagnostics, one of the biggest blood testing providers in the U.S., said Monday that a data breach may have impacted up to 12 million patients.
Maleah Davis' remains identified, police say
The remains of Maleah Davis have been identified, authorities said Monday.
- Everything you need to know about 2020 US Census
- Pence: 'I wouldn't know why there would be' impeachment proceedings
- Trump visits Virginia church after mass shooting
- John Delaney booed by California Democrats
- People blaming Joshua's heavyweight boxing upset on Drake curse
- Watch first trailer for Christian Bale, Matt Damon movie 'Ford v. Ferrari'
- 'Godzilla' beats out 'Aladdin,' 'Rocketman' to claim box office title
- Lindsay Lohan 'hard at work' on new music
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.