Father of boy killed in massacre wins defamation suit
The father of a victim of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre has won a defamation lawsuit against the authors of a book that claimed the shooting never happened - the latest victory for victims' relatives who have been taking a more aggressive stance against conspiracy theorists.
Around the country:
- Alaska: A grand jury indicted six defendents on Friday in connection to the murder of a teen girl earlier this month. Read more.
- Tennessee: Red paint and the phrase "they were racists" were discovered on a Confederate monument in a Nashville, Tennessee, park. Read more.
- Nevada: Citing an "ecosystem of addiction," Nevada Attorney General Aaron D. Ford announced Monday he is expanding a complaint against manufacturers, distributors, pharmacies, and individuals the state says are responsible for the opioid addiction crisis in Nevada. Read more.
- Oregon: A Portland, Oregon, woman was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries Monday afternoon after she fell 16 stories down a garbage chute at a building, according to firefighters, KPTV reported. Read more.
- Miami: A Florida police officer has been found guilty of culpable negligence for shooting at a severely autistic man and wounding the man's caretaker. Read more.
Report: America's infrastructure is crumbling
The fabric of America is crumbling. The American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) gives the nation's infrastructure a D+ grade -- that's the roads and bridges we drive on every day, the airports we use for business and vacation travel, and the schools where we send our children to learn. And newer networks critical to modern life, like broadband internet, haven't even reached many areas yet.
Another US tourist dies at hotel in Dominican Republic
Another US tourist has died in the Dominican Republic, bringing to eight the number of Americans to die in the country over the past year.
- What's the lineup for first Democratic presidential candidate debate?
- Trump threatens to deport millions beginning next week
- US to send more troops to Middle East
- Word of Trump-Xi meeting sends Dow more than 300 points higher
MTV Movie & TV Awards 2019
The MTV Movie & TV Awards celebrated the best on-screen work of the past year on Monday night.
More ENTERTAINMENT headlines:
- Prequel to 'The Hunger Games' will arrive May 2020
- BuzzFeed News staffers stage walkout
- Megadeth's Dave Mustaine says he has throat cancer
- Prosecutors ID man accused of paying for attempted hit on David Ortiz
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.