Woman dies after falling into meat grinder
A worker at a Pennsylvania processing plant died after she fell into a meat grinder Monday morning, according to the Lycoming County coroner.
Around the country:
- New Orleans: A little girl in Louisiana allegedly endured years of beatings and rapes before she ended up in a mental health facility in Mississippi and was able to report being abused. Read more.
- California: A driver hit a group of pedestrians on a sidewalk in Northern California, leaving eight people injured in what appears to be an "intentional act," authorities said. Read more.
- Louisiana: A Lousiana man was arrested and charged with a hate crime after he allegedly attempted to run over an interracial couple with his truck last week. Read more.
- Arizona: A 70-year-old woman fell to her death in the Grand Canyon National Park, the park said in a news release. Read more.
- Phoenix: Phoenix police took a 15-year-old boy into custody after a classmate said he heard the teen say he wanted to "blow up a Muslim church" and saw him carrying a white, salt-like substance. Read more.
US measles outbreak is largest since eliminated
Measles cases in the United States have surpassed the highest number on record since the disease was declared eliminated nationwide in 2000.
Florida judge temporarily seals Robert Kraft video
A Florida judge Tuesday sealed the video allegedly showing New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft during a prostitution sting at a Florida day spa.
Number of Americans breathing polluted air rising
More Americans are breathing air that will make them sick, according to the American Lung Association's annual State of the Air report.
- NYT: Nielsen urged not to bring up Russian meddling to Trump
- States seek to require tax returns from presidential candidates
- Supreme Court divided over citizenship question on census
- Trump doesn't want aides to testify to Congress
- Michael Cohen to report to one of 'America's cushiest prisons'
- White House orders administration officials to boycott WHCA Dinner
‘Jeopardy!' champion passes $1 million mark
Holzhauer eclipsed the $1 million mark in winnings Tuesday on his 14th appearance. Not only has he won $131,127 to shatter the program’s previous one-day record of $77,000, he already has the top five one-day scores in the history of a game that has aired regularly since 1984.
- Brothers cleared in Jussie Smollett attack sue for defamation
- Jennifer Garner nabs cover of People's 'Beautiful People' issue
- Netflix to release documentary on campaigns of four Democratic women
- Zachary Levi to host MTV Movie & TV Awards
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.