WARREN, Mich. - A house fire in Warren Wednesday morning claimed the life of a man.
The fire broke out just after 8 a.m. at a house in the 27200 block of Thomas Avenue, which is near 11 Mile and Ryan Roads.
Investigators didn't immediately release any more details on the victim or what caused the fire but neighbors told Local 4 the was 59-year-old Keeny Hakala, who lived alone.
Andrew Kakos was one of the neighbors who tried to help.
"When I got there, the fire was already bad, coming out the living room. I kept hearing noises like something was going to explode," he said.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Fraser police: Woman charged with stabbing boyfriend
- Police have new lead in fatal shooting of mom on I-75
- Rollover crash kills man in Warren
- Police: Thief dubbed 'funeral bandit' nabbed in Colorado
- 1 injured in explosion at Harrison Township apartments
- Good Samaritan saves newborn's life along roadway
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.