(CNN) - President Donald Trump says Russians are "laughing their (expletive) off in Moscow" for the way Washington has handled the Russia investigations, following the Department of Justice's charges against Russian nationals last week for interfering in the 2016 election.
"If it was the GOAL of Russia to create discord, disruption and chaos within the U.S. then, with all of the Committee Hearings, Investigations and Party hatred, they have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. They are laughing their (expletive) off in Moscow. Get smart America!" Trump tweeted Sunday morning.
- Robert Mueller's Russia investigation
- Trump on Twitter: His most notable tweets
- Russian bots promote pro-gun messages after Florida school shooting
- McMaster: Evidence of Russian meddling 'incontrovertible'
- Lavrov calls Russia allegations 'hunting spree'
- Who is @TEN_GOP from the Russia indictment? Here's what we found reading…
- Mueller indicts 13 Russian nationals over 2016 election interference
- CA man guilty in identity fraud connected to Russian interference in election
- U.K. blames Russia for crippling cyberattack
- Russia says it has proof of Western influence in its upcoming election
The president has repeatedly called the investigations into his presidential campaign's potential collusion with Russia a "hoax," but on Sunday, Trump tried to clarify his stance.
"I never said Russia did not meddle in the election, I said 'it may be Russia, or China or another country or group, or it may be a 400 pound genius sitting in bed and playing with his computer,'" Trump tweeted. "The Russian 'hoax' was that the Trump campaign colluded with Russia - it never did!"
Russia has denied any involvement in the election, and Trump has repeatedly denied any collusion.
On Sunday, Trump also praised Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, for placing some blame for Russian interference into the election onto the Obama administration.
"Finally, Liddle' Adam Schiff, the leakin' monster of no control, is now blaming the Obama Administration for Russian meddling in the 2016 Election. He is finally right about something. Obama was President, knew of the threat, and did nothing. Thank you Adam!" Trump tweeted Sunday morning.
Copyright 2018 by CNN NewSource. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.