Shooter still at large year after man killed while waiting for order at Detroit restaurant

Riccardo Lewis killed Oct. 9, 2018

Riccardo Lewis (WDIV)

DETROIT - Police are still searching for answers after a man was shot and killed while waiting for his order at a Detroit restaurant last year.

Riccardo Lewis, 31, was killed at 9:28 p.m. Oct. 9, 2018, in front of the Fat Boyz Steak and Chicken restaurant at 15921 Seven Mile Road on Detroit's west side, according to authorities.

Lewis left a friend's home in the area of Stahelin Avenue and Margareta Street to get food from the restaurant, police said.

After placing his order, Lewis returned to the passenger seat of a black Ford Escape and texted his mother that he was on his way.

An unknown person walked up to the passenger side of the vehicle and fired several shots, officials said. Lewis was struck and killed, according to authorities.

Lewis attended Farmington High School and played basketball with PAL, winning four championships, police said. He wanted to open a designer clothing store.

Lewis left behind a daughter.

Crime Stoppers is offering a cash reward of up to $2,500 for information that leads to an arrest.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP. Callers can remain anonymous.

Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.