A look at stories you may have missed this week -- and a look at what's happening around town.
Happy Saturday! The weekend edition of this newsletter will be a bit different from the normal Monday through Friday version. On Saturdays, I'll take a look some of my top picks from the last week, and highlight some of the events going on around Metro Detroit. Enjoy!
Stories you missed this week
- Watch out for this furry fellow: Michigan officials put out a warning this week about a poisonous caterpillar found in the state. If you see it, just leave it alone.
- Elton John returns: The legendary "Rocket Man" is bringing his farewell tour back to Detroit for back-to-back shows in May. More info on tickets here.
- Ford dealership raises eyebrows: A dealership in South Carolina is offering a Bible, a flag and a voucher for an AR-15 in a new car sales promotion. It's getting a lot of attention.
- Historic Detroit church gets grant: Michigan was awarded $500K to help rehab an historic church in Detroit, which was an icon of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Coyote sighting rise: More and more reports of coyotes are surfacing around Metro Detroit. Here's what you need to know to be sure you're protecting your pets and family.
Events around town this weekend
- The Great Pumpkin Festival is happening in Northville this weekend! Looks like a lot of fun for the family.
- The first Zoo Boo at the Detroit Zoo is on Saturday. All 125 acres of the Detroit Zoo will be open until dark for this annual "merry-not-scary" Halloween celebration featuring a festively decorated half-mile trick-or-treat trail, magic acts, story tellers, jugglers, live music and extreme pumpkin carving.
- Bring in the Halloween season at Greenfield Village's Hallowe'en. Throughout your evening, comfort yourself with craft beers, warm apple cider and fresh doughnuts, then stop for a photo opportunity at your favorite scene. The torches are lit, bells are tolling, skeletons are dancing and pumpkins are singing — all to make this the most stirring night of the year.
- The annual Belle Isle Harvest Festival is Saturday afternoon! Make s'mores, visit the petting farm, create harvest art and craft projects or enjoy a hayride. Free cider and donuts for the kiddos.
- Peppa Pig in town: Yes, THE Peppa Pig is in Detroit on Sunday at the Fox Theatre!
Hey, if you like this newsletter, let us know. We'd love your feedback. We also offer several other newsletters that probably cater to at least one of your interests -- unless you're only interested in fake plants. We don't have one for fake plants. Sorry.
Let's Link 🔗
Be sure to check in with ClickOnDetroit throughout the day for the latest news, weather and traffic. We're always working to keep you updated on the stories that matter most to you. We also like to have some fun along the way.