What's on tap this week around Southeast Michigan.
Happy Sunday! Our weekend edition of this newsletter will be a bit different from the normal Monday through Friday version. On Sundays, I'll try my best to get you ready for the week ahead. Let's take a look at what to keep an eye on this week.
- Funeral for former Michigan Congressman John Conyers Jr.: A funeral service for Conyers, who died last Sunday, will be held in Detroit on Monday morning. Former President Bill Clinton is expected to attend. You can watch the service on ClickOnDetroit.
- Election Day: Yep, there's an election this year! Did you forget?! There are elections being held all over the state on Tuesday. Be sure to get out and vote.
- Celine Dion is in town: One of the most immediately recognized and widely respected superstars in pop music history, Celine Dion, will perform at LCA on Tuesday night.
- TEDxDetroit: The area's leading creators, entrepreneurs, educators, artists, geeks, designers, scientists, leaders, thinkers, and doers will gather Wednesday to share what they are most passionate about – positive ideas for the world from Detroit.
- MOVE 2019 in Dearborn: MOVE--which stands for Mobilize, Organize, Vocalize, and Empower— is the only national gathering that provides a space for artists, activists, scholars, philanthropists, and others from the Arab American community to connect, learn and exchange ideas.
- TOOL brings tour to Detroit: Hot on the heels of their recently released fifth studio album, Fear Inoculum, TOOL will perform at Little Caesars Arena on Saturday, November 9 at 7:30 p.m. Killing Joke will provide support.
Hey, if you like this newsletter, let us know. We'd love your feedback. We also offer several other newsletters that probably cater to at least one of your interests -- unless you're only interested in flags. We don't have one for flags. Sorry.
Let's Link 🔗
Be sure to check in with ClickOnDetroit throughout the day for the latest news, weather and traffic. We're always working to keep you updated on the stories that matter most to you. We also like to have some fun along the way.