A look at stories you may have missed this week -- and a look at what's happening around town.
Happy Saturday! The weekend edition of this newsletter will be a bit different from the normal Monday through Friday version. On Saturdays, I'll take a look some of my top picks from the last week, and highlight some of the events going on around Metro Detroit. Enjoy!
Stories you missed this week
- Detroit-born actor John Witherspoon dies: He taught Ice Cube how to be a man in the 90s hit film "Friday." John Witherspoon, a Detroit native, died at the age of 77 this week. RIP Pops.
- Michigan family finds black widow spider in bag of grapes: Andy Russo documented, on video, what his wife Karen brought home from the grocery store Monday. A spider had somehow made its way into a bag of grapes and traveled from the store into their Milford home.
- Aggie Usedly, longtime host of Michigan Lottery dies at 79: Former longtime WDIV-TV meteorologist Chuck Gaidica worked with Usedly for a number of years and shared some fond memories of her.
- Warren De La Salle football team forfeits playoff game amid allegations of hazing in team locker room: School officials said they investigated the incident and found the hazing has deeper roots and is more pervasive than they thought.
- A look at where Ford, GM and FCA stand as auto industry continues to change: Fiat Chrysler is merging with Peugeot, Ford Motor Co. and the United Automobile Workers union just agreed on a tentative agreement, Ford's Romeo engine plant is closing and the UAW and General Motors reached an agreement after a strike that lasted more than a month.
Events around town this weekend
- Dia de los Muertos: Celebrate community memory and culture at the Detroit Historical Museum! Dia de los Muertos will be explored in conjunction with the new Community Gallery exhibition, 'Southwest Detroit: More Than a Place.'
- $5 Day at The Henry Ford: Celebrate Henry Ford's bold and historic decision to offer workers a wage of $5 per day with $5 admission on Saturday, November 2, 2019, to each of our attractions: Henry Ford Museum of American Innovation, Greenfield Village, Ford Rouge Factory Tour and the Giant Screen Experience. Experience two venues for $10 or all four for just $20.
- Baby Shark Live! at the Fox: In this one of a kind concert experience young fans will be dancing in the aisles as Baby Shark and friends, go on fun adventures to learn and meet new friends!
- 36th Annual Coats 4 Kids in Warren: Come to Allegiant Nonstop located at 28300 Dequindre Road, Warren, MI 48092 on Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Hey, if you like this newsletter, let us know. We'd love your feedback. We also offer several other newsletters that probably cater to at least one of your interests -- unless you're only interested in light bulbs. We don't have one for light bulbs. Sorry.
Let's Link 🔗
Be sure to check in with ClickOnDetroit throughout the day for the latest news, weather and traffic. We're always working to keep you updated on the stories that matter most to you. We also like to have some fun along the way.