The weekend edition of this newsletter will be a bit different from the normal Monday through Friday version. On Saturdays, I’ll take a look some of my top picks from the last week, and highlight some of the events going on around Metro Detroit. Enjoy!
Stories you missed this week
- 6 Metro Detroit cities named best places to retire in US: Troy and Livonia were listed in the top 10, claiming the sixth and eighth spots, respectively.
- Historic ‘Cube’ home hits the market in Plymouth for first time: The personal residence of noted architect and professor Tivadar Balogh, he designed this home and began construction on this home in 1958 on a secluded 2.7 acre parcel in Plymouth township.
- Michigan General Election results: In case you missed it, there was an election! Get the results from your neighborhood.
- Michigan House OKs bills to expand expungement of crimes: The Michigan House passed legislation Tuesday that would overhaul expungement laws to make it easier for hundreds of thousands of people to clear their criminal record, including those convicted of marijuana offenses before the drug’s legalization for recreational use.
- Buzz Aldrin tweets shout-out to University of Michigan Marching Band: Former astronaut Buzz Aldrin just made the University of Michigan Marching Band’s year.
- Mitch Albom’s new book: Jason Carr sat down with Mitch Albom to learn more about the story he has to tell in his new book “Finding Chika”
Events around town this weekend
- TOOL is back on tour and will be at Detroit’s Little Caesars Arena on Saturday night. Killing Joke will provide support.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Live: The award-winning TV comedy Mystery Science Theater 3000 (MST3K) is coming to Detroit’s Fox Theatre on Saturday night.
- Balloon School with The Parade Company: Learn the ropes and fly your assigned balloon safely down the Parade route! You will be assigned a balloon and help get the giant, helium filled balloon down the Parade route by holding on to a rope and following detailed instructions from your Balloon Captain.
- Planetarium Show: Dark Side of the Moon at Cranbrook: Visit the Acheson Planetarium for an entertainment show like no other - The Dark Side of the Moon. The eighth album by the English rock band Pink Floyd. Available every Friday and Saturday evening at 9 p.m.
Hey, if you like this newsletter, let us know. We’d love your feedback. We also offer several other newsletters that probably cater to at least one of your interests -- unless you’re only interested in emoji. We don’t have one for emoji. Sorry.
Let's Link 🔗
Be sure to check in with ClickOnDetroit throughout the day for the latest news, weather and traffic. We’re always working to keep you updated on the stories that matter most to you. We also like to have some fun along the way.