A look at stories you may have missed this week -- and a look at what's happening around town.
Happy Saturday! The weekend edition of this newsletter will be a bit different from the normal Monday through Friday version. On Saturdays, I'll take a look some of my top picks from the last week, and highlight some of the events going on around Metro Detroit. Enjoy!
Stories you missed this week
- Michigan car insurance fee falling to $100 per vehicle in July: Michigan drivers who want unlimited lifetime coverage for crash injuries will pay $100 per vehicle starting in July — a reduction from record $220 they are assessed now.
- ‘Jeopardy!' host Alex Trebek gets choked up after loving message from contestant: Did you miss this beautiful game-show moment? A contestant in the "Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions Semi-Finals" lost nearly $2,000, just to offer the message.
- Charles Rogers, former Michigan State star, Lions first-round pick, dies at 38: Rogers, 38, was a Saginaw native who broke several receiving records while playing football at Michigan State University between 2001 and 2002.
- No. 1 milk company declares bankruptcy amid drop in demand: Got milk? Increasingly, Americans don't, and that led the nation's biggest milk producer to file for bankruptcy Tuesday.
- New, inclusive Livonia coffee shop to provide jobs to young adults with disabilities: A new Livonia coffee shop will provide an inclusive environment and jobs to many different people, including young adults with disabilities.
- Garth Brooks to play Ford Field: Brooks, the best-selling solo album artist in the U.S., will play Ford Field on February 22, 2020. It will be his only stadium date in Michigan.
Events around town this weekend
- Michigan vs. Michigan State at the Big House: Who ya got? Kickoff is at 12 p.m. on Saturday.
- Detroit Lions vs. Dallas Cowboys: Ford Field will be mostly rocking on Sunday with the Cowboys in town. Can the Lions shock us all and grab a win for once?!
- Sweeney Todd at Michigan Opera Theatre: Revenge was never more delicious than in this musical feast of beautiful arias, duets, and choruses.
- Downtown Detroit Markets: The Downtown Detroit Markets offer a unique way to shop this holiday season. Find the perfect locally made gift from Detroit vendors.
- Jurassic World Live Tour at Fox Theatre: Jurassic World comes to life for the first time in a touring arena show! Your trip to Isla Nublar takes a terrifying turn after the Indominus rex escapes and causes chaos in the park!
Hey, if you like this newsletter, let us know. We'd love your feedback. We also offer several other newsletters that probably cater to at least one of your interests -- unless you're only interested in pizza toppings. We don't have one for pizza toppings. Sorry.
Let's Link 🔗
Be sure to check in with ClickOnDetroit throughout the day for the latest news, weather and traffic. We're always working to keep you updated on the stories that matter most to you. We also like to have some fun along the way.