Local 4 focused an entire hour Wednesday night to the opioid crisis.
Our team of reporters tackled several different issues affecting our community including:
- Devin Scillian looked at how we got this point in the opioid epidemic.
- Dr. McGeorge delved into the role doctors played in this crisis and how their job has changed when it comes to prescribing medication. He will also have the checklist you can follow in your own life to help protect yourself or a loved from from abusing opioids.
- Kimberly Gill had a candid conversation about how this addiction does not discriminate.
- Defender Karen Drew gained special access to border patrol agents and discovers what lengths people are going to in order to smuggle these drugs into the country.
- Defender Kevin Dietz learned from a former dealer what parents should know to protect their children from addiction.
- Steve Garagiola took us inside a local drug court trying to fix the drug problem and not just put people in jail
CARE of SE Michigan will be taking calls in the phone bank and answering questions on ClickOnDetroit.com from 10 p.m.-11 p.m.
The phone number will be 844-WDIV-HELP (844-934-8435).
Stories from Local 4 special feature
You can watch all the stories from Local 4's special 'Opioid Nation -- An American Epidemic' below. You can also watch the hour-long special in its entirety at the top of this page.
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.