ROCHESTER, Mich. - Several businesses in downtown Rochester announced Friday that they will welcome dogs to their stores.
"Downtown Rochester is already a dog friendly place," said Stephanie Hellebuyck, Events Coordinator of the Rochester Downtown Development Authority. "We're just making it official. Many downtown businesses already welcome dogs or supply water outside in the warmer months."
A study from the Humane Society of the United States showed that 62 percent of American homes have at least one pet, with 37 to 47 percent being dogs.
The businesses participating are:
- Fourth Street Boutique, 116 E. Fourth
- Framer's Workshop, 528 N. Main
- The Friendship Factory, 210 W. University
- Haig's of Rochester Fine Jewelry, 311 Main
- Holland's Florist, 308 Main
- Independent Expressions, 304 East
- Kimi K Salon & Spa, 313 Main
- Moon River Soap Co., 339 East
- O'Connor's Public House, 324 Main (Back Outdoor Patio ONLY)
- Paint Creek Outfitters & Socks Addict, 425 Main
- Rochester DDA, 308 ½ Main
- Sargent Appliance, 600 N. Main
- Sole Sisters, 329 Main
- South Street Skateshop, 410 Main
- Studio One Salon, 420 Main
- Talulah Belle Boutique, 307 Main
- The Funky Frog Children's Resale Boutique, 433 Main
- Wanderlust Boutique, 404 Main
- WHOO Upscale Resale for a Cause, 119 Main
Here are some of Rochester's guidelines when taking a dog shopping:
- Keep dogs on a six-foot leash at all times
- Make sure your dog has the most up-to-date vaccinations. Dogs with up-to-date vaccinations are less likely to spread certain communicable diseases
- Remember, you are responsible for the behavior of your dog(s). Aggressive dogs or dogs with behavioral issues such as aggressive barking, jumping and biting should be left at home
- Make sure you have the proper gear: treats, water and, of course, poop bags
- Owners must clean up any dog droppings made by their pets
- Be respectful of dogs in training
Copyright 2015 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.