Red Wings unveil patch to be worn during last season at Joe Louis Arena
The Detroit Red Wings have announced a campaign to celebrate the last season of hockey being played at Joe Louis Arena for the 2016-2017 season.
The team unveiled a commemorative logo to be worn on all Red Wings uniforms for the 2016-2017 season.
“The Joe will always hold a special place in our hearts,” said Tom Wilson, President and CEO of Olympia Entertainment. “Our fans will never forget the championships won on the ice and witnessing once-in-a-lifetime performances on the stage. We know our fans have cherished memories of nearly four decades here at The Joe, and we’re excited to celebrate and relive those moments one last time as we continue preparation for the future at the Detroit Events Center.”
A preliminary list of elements set to be included in the campaign can be found below:
- Celebrations honoring the Stanley Cup Championships and the biggest games held at The Joe
- Alumni celebrations featuring Red Wings greats at The Joe
- Commemorative patch on both the Red Wings home and away jerseys
- Special entertainment performances
- Special ticket design on all home Red Wings tickets
- One-of-a-kind giveaways for fans in attendance at Red Wings games
- Social contests for fans world-wide encouraging them to share their favorite memories of The Joe
- Special private event availability for interested guests
The Red Wings have won four Stanley Cup Championships at the Joe, with a .639 winning precentage on the home ice.
Copyright 2016 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.