DETROIT – The first Detroit Lions preseason game is Aug. 13 in Indianapolis.
Yes, football season is just around corner. That means it's time for the predictions to start flowing. But first, let's look back on what happened last year:
Detroit Lions 2016 season outcomes
For starters, the Lions went 2-2 during last year's preseason with a win in Pittsburgh and at home against the Buffalo Bills. And no one cares about any of that preseason business.
Then, after a 1-3 start the Lions went on an 8-1 tear until Dec. 18. That's when a 17-6 loss to the New York Giants set off a three-game losing streak to end the season, but the Lions' 9-7 record somehow was enough to get them into the postseason. The Seattle Seahawks abruptly showed them the door, however.
2017 Detroit Lions schedule
Now, after another offseason of healing, it's time to focus on the 2017 schedule and answer the annual question -- what will the Lions' record be this season?
Blue is home and gray is away:
- WEEK 1: Sept. 10 vs. Arizona Cardinals
- WEEK 2: Sept. 18 @ New York Giants
- WEEK 3: Sept. 24 vs. Atlanta Falcons
- WEEK 4: Oct. 1 @ Minnesota Vikings
- WEEK 5: Oct. 8 vs. Carolina Panthers
- WEEK 6: Oct. 15 @ New Orleans Saints
- WEEK 7: Bye
- WEEK 8: Oct. 29 vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- WEEK 9: Nov. 6 @ Green Bay Packers
- WEEK 10: Nov. 12 vs. Cleveland Browns
- WEEK 11: Nov. 19 @ Chicago Bears
- WEEK 12: Nov. 23 vs. Minnesota Vikings
- WEEK 13: Dec. 3 @ Baltimore Ravens
- WEEK 14: Dec. 10 @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- WEEK 15: Dec. 16 vs. Chicago Bears
- WEEK 16: Dec. 24 @ Cincinnati Bengals
- WEEK 17: Dec. 31 vs. Green Bay Packers