APPLY HERE: Intern for ClickOnDetroit
Do you want to learn how to become a professional web producer?
ClickOnDetroit's web producer internship program prepares students for a career in website content production. You will learn how to produce content for a highly trafficked news website under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Here’s what we look for in interns:
- A compelling interest in news.
- An avid news watcher/listener
- Strong journalism skills
- Previous experience at college or commercial newspapers, radio and television
- Enthusiasm, assertiveness and willingness to learn
ClickOnDetroit's semester intern is considered an extremely important part of the team. His or her job is to learn quickly and become a daily contributor to the website.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be enrolled in an accredited college or university and classified as at least a “junior” status when internship begins. Technical school participants must apply within three months after graduation.
- Be majoring in communications, journalism, electronic media or some other field having a direct relationship to broadcasting when applying for a News, Programming or Creative Services internship; be majoring in marketing or communications for a Sales internship; and be majoring in information technology, computer engineering or computer programming for an IT/Engineering internship.
- Be eligible to earn course credits for the paid internship or their equivalent (such as a Master’s Thesis) or be part the continued learning experience through a trade/technical school such as Specs Howard.
- Email a cover letter and resume with subject line "ClickOn Intern" to:
Dave Bartkowiak Jr.
Digital Content Manager
Copyright 2016 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.