If you are the one who likes to be in the front seat, work in an environment that leans in and leaves a mark, this is where you need to go.
WDIV-TV/ClickOnDetroit is looking for a Sales Manager willing to reinvent our business by being big, bold and thinking outside the traditional way of doing business. WDIV-TV ranks in the top five LPM NBC affiliates in the country and our station website is the number one local television website in Michigan and Top 25 in the USA. We have the largest footprint in its local community, broadcasting all of Detroit's Big Events. This multimedia platform has the best products available in the advertising universe and is a seller's dream come true.
You must be able to dig in and develop advertising campaigns that offer 360-degree solutions and get deep into agencies and local businesses where the decisions about media plans are being discussed and planned. You will also manage a team of local account executes to higher levels by growing new business and transactional shares of revenue along with a major focus on digital development. In addition, you must wear the metal that allows you to go see the right people in the market. The correct candidate must be able to produce strategies that are capable of directing dollars our way to grow business. Being creative while taking care of business is second nature to you.
- Managing and motivating a team of high performers
- Achieving and surpassing local revenue budget goals on broadcast and digital
- Manage a group of local account executive's
- Consistent communication with General Sales Manager regarding station pricing and inventory models
- Creative development of sales promotions that simultaneously serve the interests of agency clients, advertisers and the station
- Developing and maintaining relationships with locally based clients that buy time through national advertising agencies
- Manage and engage a digital operations team
- Consistent travel to key ad markets in the U.S.
Candidate should have extensive experience in television and digital sales and, preferably, sales management. Candidate should have expert knowledge of research and ratings metrics and Wide Orbit experience a plus. Computer skills are essential. Candidates should be extremely flexible in the face of an extraordinarily dynamic work environment.
Note: All of the essential functions of this position are not necessarily described in this posting.
Name or Department: Gary J. Macko, VP/Sales
Address: 550 West Lafayette Blvd. Detroit, Michigan 48226
WDIV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to complying with the requirements of federal law, WDIV will comply with applicable state and local laws prohibiting employment discrimination.