DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for Feb. 1, 2021 afternoon and evening.
Snow ends this afternoon/evening
- Snow falling this afternoon mainly in the metro and south zones.
- This should be wrapping up around sunset.
- Minor accumulations from this.
- Next system moves in later Thursday.
- Looks to start as snow, changing to rain at night, then changing to back to snow into Friday morning.
Weekend snow chances
- Through the weekend, each day features the chance for snow.
- No big storms here, but with another cold front and some lake effect type setups, it looks as though we could see some snow each day Friday through Monday.
- Tomorrow is Groundhog Day.
Big time cold next week
- Long range outlooks painting the first half of next week to be the coldest of the season.
- We’re talking overnight lows below zero. While we will be very cold next week, it probably won’t break records.