DETROIT – Here is the Metro Detroit weather forecast update for Oct. 14, 2021 afternoon and evening.
Shower/storm chances Today
- Few showers and storms west of Lansing this afternoon are moving northeast. All of these are along a front which slides into our area this evening.
- General window for us this evening looks to be 5 p.m. to midnight, with probably a few breaks here and there.
- The severe threat isn’t high, but some gusty winds and localized flooding will be something to watch out for.
Shower/storm chances Friday into early Saturday
- A better chance for thunderstorms comes Friday, following a good shot for showers in the morning.
- Storm threat looks best late afternoon and evening.
- Strong winds and flooding will be the biggest concerns, but some hail will also be possible. While the tornado threat is next to none, it can’t be completely ruled out.
- Saturday is going to be the first below normal day this month as we top out in the middle to upper 50s.
- Temperatures next week stay in the 60s, but should still be above normal (slightly on some days).
Other weather headlines
Daylight less than 11 hours
- The Sun is setting earlier and earlier, and rising later and later. On Sunday we’ll have less than 11 hours of daylight.
- We continue to see less and less daylight through Dec. 21.
Normal high back at 60 degrees
- Next Wednesday the normal high is 60 degrees.
- This number continues to drop through Jan. 22.