The National Weather Service has issued several wind chill warnings for SE Michigan.
- Wind chills will drop to between 20 and 30 below zero Monday afternoon and then bottom out near 35 below zero Monday night and into Tuesday morning.
- Exposure to such bitterly cold conditions will cause frost bite in a short period of time.
- Blowing snow will hamper travel in some instances
- A wind chill warning means the combination of very cold air
- and strong winds will create dangerously low wind chill values.
This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia or death if precautions are not taken.
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.