AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - The fifth-largest auto supplier is set to build a new North American headquarters and technical center in Auburn Hills, Michigan.
Faurecia, will reportedly build a three-story, administration headquarters that will include an assembly operation, according to crainsdetroit.com.
The new 300,000-square-foot building will ne built in the Oakland Technology Park located between I-75 and M-59.
Crainsdetroit says the building will eventually be home to 700 workers, including new employees.
Construction on the tech center will begin in 30-60 days after the Auburn Hills Planning Commission approves the site plan for the project during Wednesday's meeting.
More Automotive Headlines:
- Mercedes unveils Tesla-powered electric car
- Workers fired over Ford art depicting tied-up women
- Honda unveils minivan with built-in vacuum cleaner
- Iconic Jeep Cherokee's controversial return
- Jeep takes a radical new turn with Cherokee
- The Ford Mustang turns 50
- Lawmaker: Google Glass, driving don't mix
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.