MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. - Teens are getting high on K2 or Spice, and it's a problem growing in Metro Detroit. Local 4's Shawn Ley hosted a roundtable discussion on the issue with a group of local leaders.
WATCH: Roundtable discussion part 1
The roundtable guests
- Richard Strathakis: Shelby Township Supervisor who promised parents during a demonstration at a local gas station that he would work to rid the township of K2.
- Bill Miskokomon: organized Saturday's protest after he pled with gas station owners to quit selling K2.
- Kelly Oscarson: Manager of the Mobil Mart gas station, who's owner has taken a strong stance against selling K2.
- Carol Mastroianni: Executive Director, Birmingham Bloomfield Community Coalition.
- Mark Hackel: Macomb County Executive, former county sheriff.
Live on Local 4 News Morning, they'll be taking your questions and discussing what's being done to control this K2 epidemic.
We're taking your questions all day long
To submit your questions for the K2 Roundtable, head over to our Local 4 Facebook page.
Tune in to Local 4 News throughout the day for special coverage on Fighting the K2 Epidemic. Local 4 Defenders are teaming up with Dr. Frank McGeorge and Ruth to the Rescue to expose who's selling K2 to kids. Ruth will have experts standing by in the Local 4 phone bank to provide answers to your questions. Meanwhile, Dr. McGeorge will reveal what's really in K2, and why it's so harmful. All this and more on Local 4 News Morning, Local 4 News at Noon, and Local 4 News at 4, 5, 6 and 11.
You may also be interested in:
Watch: Where parents can turn
Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.