DETROIT - As the world evolves, brands come and go.
2017 has been a busy year already for some of America's most famous brands having to close stores around the country.
Here's what we have so far for store closures in Michigan this year.
Retail giant JCPenney is closing more than 130 stores nationwide, including 7 in Michigan this year:
Of the 138 stores slated to close, 7 of them are in Michigan. Liquidation of stores is set to begin in April.
- Lakeview Square Mall Battle Creek MI
- Delta Plaza Escanaba MI
- Westshore Mall Holland MI
- Copper Country Mall Houghton MI
- Birchwood Mall Kingsford MI
- Midland Mall Midland MI
- Cascade Crossings Sault Ste. Marie MI
The company says about 5,000 positions nationwide will be impacted by the store closures.
Macy's is closing 68 stores nationwide, with 4 closures in Michigan: The Michigan stores closing include locations in Westland, Harper Woods, Lansing and Battle Creek.
Of the 68 stores it is closing, three were shuttered mid-year, 63 will be closed in early spring, and two will be closed in the middle of the year. Three other locations were sold, or will be sold, and are being leased back.
Struggling retail giant Sears holdings announced 78 Kmart store closures and 26 Sears store closures.
Michigan KMart stores include:
- 29600 Ford Road, Garden City, MI
- 3555 O’Neill Drive, Jackson, MI
- 1396 South Main Street, Adrian, MI
- 5400 S Cedar Street, Lansing, MI
- 1501 E Apple Ave, Muskegon, MI
- 40855 Ann Arbor Road, Plymouth, MI
- 17580 Frazho Road, Roseville, MI
- 3541 Highland Road, Waterford, MI
- 165 Wayne Road, Westland, MI
- 6455 US 31 N, Acme Township, MI
Only one Michigan Sears store is set to close (in Grand Rapids) but the company said last week that it wouldn't last much longer without more cash.
Radio Shack filed for its second bankruptcy in March and has begun closing 187 stores. Closed/closing Michigan locations include:
- 205 N Maple, Ann Arbor
- Drayton Shopping Center 5040 Dixie Hwy, Waterford
- Waterford Plaza 5148 Highland Rd, Waterford
- Gull Road Mall 5460 Gull Rd, Kalamazoo
- North Point Plaza, 4073 N Euclid Ave, Bay City
- 420 Baldwin St, Jenison
Dollar Express is liquidating and closing all of its stores on June 30 as it is acquired by Dollar General.
Part of that liquidation includes closing 14 Family Dollar stores in Metro Detroit.
The addresses for the locations closing are listed below:
- 10220 Gratiot, Detroit
- 4705 Conner, Detroit
- 12815 Jefferson, Detroit
- 6365 W. Vernor, Detroit
- 1727 E. State Fair, Detroit
- 14686 Telegraph, Taylor
- 22100 Coolidge, Oak Park
- 22818 John R, Hazel Park
- 9028 Joseph Campau, Hamtramck
- 20735 Wyoming, Ferndale
- 1918 Venoy, Westland
- 27425 Michigan Ave, Inkster
- 20900 Gratiot, Eastpointe
- 14101 Woodward, Highland Park
There will be a total of 126 employees laid off as a part of this liquidation in Metro Detroit. Overall, 24 Family Dollar stores will close in Michigan.
Here are the Michigan Payless stores that will be closing:
- Orchards Mall - Benton Harbor
- Adrian Mall - Adrian
- 1435 N Mitchell - Cadillac
- 5616 Vernor Hwy - Detroit
- Mall of Monroe - Monroe
- Meridian Mall - Okemos
- Bay City Mall - Bay City
- Alpena Mall - Alpena
- Sterling Ponds Shopping Center - Sterling Heights
- Big Rapids Commons - Big Rapids
Clothing retailer rue21 is shutting down nearly 400 stores, including 16 in Michigan.
The teen clothing store is closing about one-third of its locations, while it focuses on its online business.
It's unclear when exactly these stores will be closing for good.
Here are the 16 rue21 stores closing in Michigan:
- Benton Harbor -- 964 E Napier Ave.
- Brighton -- 9490 Village Place Blvd.
- Cadillac -- 8795 E. 34 Boon Road
- Canton -- 47172 Michigan Ave.
- Chesterfield -- 50697 Waterside Dr.
- Grand Rapids -- 350 84th St.
- Grand Rapids -- 3645 28th St.
- Holland -- 3530 W Shore Dr.
- Kalamazoo -- 5040 West Main St.
- Lansing -- 5330 West Saginaw Hwy.
- Midland -- 6800 Eastman Ave.
- Monroe -- 2121 North Monroe St.
- Okemos -- 1982 W Grand River Ave.
- Rochester Hills -- 1250 S Rochester Road
- West Branch -- 2990 Cook Road
- Westland -- 35585 Warren Road
As of 2013, Radio Shack was the eighth-largest consumer electronics dealer.
MC Sports announced they would be going out of business, including 22 stores in Michigan.
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.