PONTIAC, Mich. - Two men are in custody for an alleged road rage beating Saturday in Pontiac.
Police say a driver rear-ended another car and then drove off.
Despite damage to his car, the driver who was hit followed the car that hit him and caught up to it several blocks away.
Police say the driver of the car that was hit then kicked and beat the other driver, who ended up in a local hospital.
Investigators say the beating suspect recruited a friend to help sell his damaged car to a salvage yard.
But police arrived before the car was picked up.
Daniel Leon Laboy, 32, is charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm.
His friend, Evaristo Navario, is charged with aiding and abetting.
The 48-year-old driver who was beaten is in stable condition.
He may face charges for driving with a suspended license.
Police are also awaiting tests which may lead to drunk driving charges against him.
Read more Local News headlines:
- 1 year of prison for man who pointed laser at helicopter
- "Christmas In January" food drive for Gleaners
- Sketch released in Farmington Hills, Northville attacks
- Oakland County schools step up security, training
- It's 'Hamer' time at the Detroit Zoo
- Troy priest center of embezzlement investigation
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.