The Detroit Federation of Teachers will hold a press conference Friday at the DFT hall. DFT President Keith Johnson is expected to announce that the group will be taking legal action against DPS. DFT claims teacher layoffs, interviews and evaluations being conducted in complete violation of the 2009-2012 contract. DFT represents more than 5,000 teachers, counselors, school psychologists, school social workers, and other employees of Detroit Public Schools.
Published On: May 25 2012 02:25:17 AM EDT
- Forecast: Worst of the weather is gone
- State police: Jim Harbaugh helped I-94 crash victims
- US auto sales up in February despite snowy weather
- Mystery rash circulates Birmingham school
- Fire destroys school in Northville Township
- New Detroit schools EM lays out plan to improve district
- 2 workers hurt in Detroit building explosion
- Pontiac residents without water for days after main break
- Bassinets recalled for fall, suffocation risks
- DSO releases free apps for participation in 'Symphony in D'