The Detroit Federation of Teachers will hold a press conference Friday at the DFT hall. DFT President Keith Johnson is expected to announce that the group will be taking legal action against DPS. DFT claims teacher layoffs, interviews and evaluations being conducted in complete violation of the 2009-2012 contract. DFT represents more than 5,000 teachers, counselors, school psychologists, school social workers, and other employees of Detroit Public Schools.
Published On: May 25 2012 02:25:17 AM EDT
- Jane Bashara's friend reacts to verdict
- Could we get a White Christmas?
- Verdict: Bashara guilty on all counts
- Michigan legislature approves road plan
- 1 person dead after shooting, crash in Detroit
- Program aims to give preschools jump start
- Still no vote on Michigan roads deal
- Devastating form of dementia that's not Alzheimer's
- Jane Bashara’s mother talks about verdict
- Arrest made in Mt. Clemens break-in