The Detroit Federation of Teachers will hold a press conference Friday at the DFT hall. DFT President Keith Johnson is expected to announce that the group will be taking legal action against DPS. DFT claims teacher layoffs, interviews and evaluations being conducted in complete violation of the 2009-2012 contract. DFT represents more than 5,000 teachers, counselors, school psychologists, school social workers, and other employees of Detroit Public Schools.
Published On: May 25 2012 02:25:17 AM EDT
- Record cold Saturday, snow Sunday
- Big gas price hike expected soon
- 17 from metro Detroit charged in smash-and-grab robberies
- UM bars fraternity, suspends sorority for damage at resorts
- Time running out on funding for DHS
- Parents of Charlie Bothuell appear in court
- 2 buses carrying students crash in Pittsfield Twp.; minor injuries
- Celebrate National Reading Month with Local 4!
- Warehouse burns in Westland
- Fire rescue rig stolen from Commerce Township fire station