- City pays over $2.5 million in un-reimbursed salary and benefits to full-time and part-time union officials. Unions must now reimburse.
- City implemented 10% wage reduction.
- City eliminated merit and step increases (except for DPOA).
- City discontinued bonus vacation days.
- City employees were allowed two sick banks with unlimited accumulations. City froze future accumulations in Reserve Bank and sapped Current bank at 300 hours.
- Transfers and promotions previously based on seniority will now also be based on various factors, including education level, expertise, performance, attendance, training and work/discipline history.
- City previously provided Supplemental Unemployment benefits beyond those required by law. Supplemental unemployment benefits discontinued under CETs.
- Previous shift premium pay ranged from $.75 to $1.10. The City will now pay $.25 (afternoon); and $.50 (night).
- Longevity Pay (bonus) for long-time employees eliminated.
pay reduced from 2x to 1 ½ x.
- The City designated additional days, including certain election days as holidays. This practice is discontinued.
- Payout of sick time for retirees accrued after effective date of CET has been eliminated.
- The City discontinued the tuition reimbursement program.
- Instituted 80/20 cost sharing on medical benefits.
- Retirement: reduced multiplier to 1.5x and eliminated escalator (annual increase of retirement payments).
Significant DPOA Specific CETs
- Police Reserves: Broaden right to use police reserves without prior restriction which limited them to doing things that were not “core duties” of police.
- Civilianization: City may now use civilians in positions currently held by police officers (i.e. including payroll, mechanic, and janitorial functions).
Significant DPCOA Specific CETs
- Members are now treated as executive at-will employees and may be de-appointed by Chief of Police.
- Bachelor’s degree required for appointment to Commander.