The city of Detroit is looking to hire more than 300 people at a job fair this weekend.
The job fair is Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Cobo Center -- which is at 1 Washington Boulevard.
Free parking is available for attendees on the Cobo rooftop.
Participants are encouraged to bring multiple copies of their resumés.
They may also attend on-site workshops on resumé building and interviewing techniques, and get information and sign up for affordable health insurance through the Affordable Care Act.
The city said job preference will be given to Detroit residents and honorably discharged veterans.
Below is a list of the positions the City is seeking to fill. For complete details regarding the positions, including job qualifications and salary, or to complete the online application, visit www.detroitmi.gov/jobs.
• Police Officers
• Bus Drivers
• General Auto Mechanics
• Emergency Mobile Medical Technician
• Construction Inspectors
• Building Trades Workers
• Park Maintenance Workers
• Principal Accountants
• Public Works General Manager
• Administrative Sanitation Analyst
• Human Resources Analyst III
• Business Systems Support Specialist II
• General Electrical Workers
• Finish Carpenter
• Tree Artisans
• Purchasing Agent
• Materials Laboratory Technician
• Supervising Survey Technician
• Radio Maintenance Technician
• Refrigeration Equipment Operator 1st Ckass
Download the Job Qualifications
Organizers also are encouraging individuals attending the job fair to pre-register by visiting http://cityofdetroitjobfair2014.eventzilla.net/.