DETROIT - Meijer now has free Wi-Fi in its stores.
The Grand Rapids-based retailer says the move was a way to make it easier for customers to access their mPerks accounts and the Meijer app. Meijer says it has more than 2 million shoppers subscribed in the coupon program.
"Our customers are relying on digital tools more than ever as they shop, which is why we're constantly providing them with resources to enhance their shopping experience," said Michael Ross, vice president of customer marketing and emerging technology. "And, now with free Wi-Fi in our stores, we're offering an additional cost savings because our customers no longer have to use their data plans while shopping."
The Meijer app is available as a free download for iPhone and Android smartphones through Apple Inc.'s App Store and Google Play , and has many popular features, including:
- View and clip digital coupons with the mPerks program
- Create and check off items on a shopping list
- Browse sale items and save to shopping list
- Earn total purchase savings from Personalized, Pharmacy and Baby Reward programs
- Receive maps to a nearby Meijer store
- Search and find products on a store map
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.