ROYAL OAK, Mich. - Consumers Energy said it was called Friday morning to repair a two-inch line that broke in Royal Oak when it was hit by a concrete truck.
Reports of the smell of natural gas in the area of Merrill and Woodward started coming in at about 9 a.m.
Consumers confirmed the small leak and said no evacuations were ordered because it was quickly repaired.
In February, a man was killed following a natural gas leak just a short distance from Friday morning's reported situation.
A gas explosion ripped apart a home on Cooper Avenue, killing 58-year-old Dan Malczynski.
Consumers Energy has blamed a ruptured service line for the incident.
- Consumers Energy turns in report on Royal Oak explosion
- Royal Oak explosion changes Consumers Energy policies
- Attorney wants answers in Royal Oak home explosion
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.