TROY, Mich. - Troy police have arrested a parole absconder who they said identified himself as Santa Claus during a break-in at a home.
Police said a homeowner in the 1000 block of VanCourtland told them she woke up to a man in her home just before 1 a.m. Sunday. When she asked him who he was, police said he told her he was Santa. He then fled without harming the homeowner.
The homeowner gave police a description of the man and an officer later spotted him at a bus stop on Maple Road. He was arrested.
Police didn't immediately release details on charges or the suspect's name.
Police said it appears he got into the house through an unlocked door.
- Newborn dies; Mom may have fallen asleep on infant
- Man charged in Madison Heights jewelry heist, chase
- Suspected drunk driver traveling with child hits cop car
- Gun sales booming in Metro Detroit
- Teen skating pair represent Metro Detroit at nationals
- Oakland County sees spike in break-ins
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.