TROY, Mich. - Troy police said they are looking for two drivers connected to a fatal crash Monday on Rochester Road.
Police said the drivers were involved in a minor accident with each other when a gold Chevy Malibu pulled out of a private drive on the west side of Rochester Road, south of Long Lake Road, and collided with a silver SUV.
A Toyota Scion that was going southbound on Rochester Road tried to avoid the accident by turning into the northbound lanes but was sideswiped by another car and then hit head on by a second car.
The driver in the Scion, 44-year-old Jason Warner of Macomb Township, was rushed to Beaumont Hospital, but later died.
Police said he had not been wearing a seatbelt.
One other driver involved in the string of crashes was also taken to Beaumont Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police said the drivers involved in the original crash near the private drive took off before officers arrived.
Police are asking for them to come forward as part of the crash investigation.
Anyone who may have witnessed the crashes or have information on the drivers of the Chevy Malibu or silver SUV are asked to call the Troy Police Department at 248-524-3477.
Police didn't release a more detailed description of the two drivers or their vehicles.
Police said it wasn't immediately known whether alcohol or drugs played a role in the crashes.
Read more Local News headlines:
- Husband seeks leads after wife killed in Southfield club
- Southfield parks get security cameras
- Husband says wife caught in cross fire in Southfield nightclub shooting
- Substitute teacher charged with sexual assault of teen
- Man dies when truck slams into tree during police chase
- Couple with infant locked inside Bloomfield Twp. Kmart
- Police: Man busted drunken driving on riding lawnmower
- Judge dismisses lawsuit from Child Killer victim's mother
- Oakland County prosecutor fires back at lawsuit