ECORSE, Mich. - The Ecorse Department of Public Safety has arrested two men involved in 40 shots being fired in the early morning hours of October 7, 2012 on 12th street in Ecorse.
---The after-hours club where the deadly shooting happened
22-year-old Chanel Weddington was killed during the shooting and two others were injured..
Arrested were; Johnny Lerue Davis Jr., a 20 year old Detroit resident and Andrew Lee Ursery, an 18 year old Detroit resident.
Both Defendants were charged by the Wayne County Prosecutor as follows;
- Count 1 Homicide-Murder-Second Degree, punishable by up to Life in prison
- Count 2 Assault with Intent to Murder, punishable by up to Life in prison
- Count 3 Assault with Intent to Murder (multiple victims)
- Count 4 Weapons-Firearms-Discharge in or at a building, 4 year Felony
- Count 5 Felony Firearm, 2 year Felony to be served consecutively to other punishments.
Both Defendants were arraigned at 25th District Court in Ecorse and remanded to the Wayne County Jail without Bond. A Preliminary Exam is scheduled for Thursday October 25, 2012 at 25th District Court in Ecorse.
The after-hours club where the shooting happened is believed to be owned by Ecorse City Council member Stacy Wheeler. Local 4 tried to contact her in connection with the case, she referred Local 4's Rod Meloni to her lawyer - but did not provide her attorney's name.
Copyright 2012 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.