YPSILANTI, Mich. – Washtenaw County is seeking volunteers to help its scheduled Clean-Up Day at Eastern Michigan University on Saturday run smoothly.
Annual Clean-Up Days allow residents to safely drop off unwanted household items and waste.
Volunteers will be helping direct traffic and unloading items from vehicles.
We need #volunteers for our County Clean-Up Days to continue!— WashCoWaterResources (@WashtenawWRC) August 22, 2022
Help our event be a success on Saturday, August 27th. CCD volunteers may help direct traffic or unload materials from resident cars.
Snacks, drinks, and lunch are provided!
Sign up at https://t.co/FvG6xC6hDB pic.twitter.com/dLQBtIVI8p
Lunch, snacks and drinks will be provided for those who volunteer. To sign up, click here.
The last Clean-Up Day of the season will take place between 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the parking lot across from EMU’s Rynearson Stadium.
Items that are typically accepted:
- Appliances (Refrigerator, dryer, dehumidifier, etc.)
- Bulky household waste (mattresses, furniture, scrap wood, etc.)
- Electronics (televisions, computers, audio and video equipment, etc.)
- Household hazardous waste (paint, pesticides, oil, cleaning supplies, etc.)
- Scrap metal
- Tires (limit of 10 tires; agricultural tires cannot be accepted)
To learn more about the Clean-Up Day at EMU, click here.
The events are for Washtenaw County residents only. Businesses and organizations will not be allowed to participate.
The entrance to the event can be found at 799 N. Hewitt Rd. in Ypsilanti.