'Walk-in Wednesday' offers easy annual screening mammogram for women in Metro Detroit
Event scheduled for Oct. 16
DETROIT – Beaumont Hospital is hosting its first "Walk-in Wednesday" screening mammogram event at nine locations around Metro Detroit.
The event will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Oct. 16.
"We recommend annual screenings starting at age 40," Dr. Murray Rebner, a Beaumont radiologist, said. "We know getting regular annual mammograms can save lives."
Studies show women under 50 years old tend to develop more aggressive forms of breast cancer, experts said.
The event is first come, first served, and space is limited, officials said.
Patients must have a paper or electronic prescription for a screening mammogram to participate.
Anyone who can't make it to the Oct. 16 event can schedule a mammogram online by clicking here or calling 248-965-0359.
Screening mammograms are covered by most insurance companies, experts said. Anyone who doesn't have insurance can pay with cash at the event.
Here are the nine participating locations:
- Beaumont Breast Care Center (Second floor of the medical park building) -- 18100 Oakwood Blvd., Suite 200, Dearborn, MI 48124
- Beaumont Cancer & Breast Care Center -- 27900 Grand River Ave., Farmington Hills, MI 48336
- Beaumont Hospital, Grosse Pointe -- 468 Cadieux Road, Grosse Pointe, MI 48231
- Beaumont Medical Center -- 15959 Hall Road, Macomb, MI 48044
- Beaumont Imaging Center -- 3581 West 13 Mile Road, First Floor, Royal Oak, MI 48073
- Beaumont Breast Care Center (Suite 170 of the medical office building on the hospital campus) -- 5400 Fort St., Suite 170, Trenton, MI 48183
- Beaumont Breast Imaging (First floor "Area B" registration inside the hospital) -- 44201 Dequindre Road, Troy, MI 48085
- Beaumont Breast Care Center -- 4491 Venoy Road, Wayne, MI 48184
- Beaumont Medical Center -- 6900 Orchard Lake Road, Suite 110, West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.