Employee calls 911 after Macomb County Clerk Karen Spranger asks to look through her purse
Spranger gets upset after request to view county emails denied
MACOMB COUNTY, Mich. – Two employees at the Macomb County Clerk's Office have been granted administrative leave after they had trouble with Clerk Karen Spranger.
The most recent incident from last weekend ended with one of the employees calling 911 on Spranger. She said she called 911 because Spranger wanted to look through her purse to make sure she didn't have clerk documents.
The call is from last Friday, and the employee was clearly upset.
You can listen to the 911 call in the video posted above.
Officials said the employee was trying to take personal documents to the human resources department when Spranger stopped her.
According to the police report, Spranger was following the employee to look through her purse and make sure she wasn't taking any confidential county clerk documents.
A deputy arrived and found nothing in the purse except a couple of check stubs, personal notes and copies of union correspondence emails. They're all personal items, but Spranger wanted to look at the emails.
The report said Spranger got upset, saying it was her right to look at the emails. She was denied and told she could get electronic copies because they're county emails.
The employee has now asked to be placed on paid administrative leave after a tense situation at the office.
Local 4 reached out to the employee, but she declined to comment.
More Spranger headlines
Local 4 has been covering the Karen Spranger controversies over the last several months. Here are those stories:
- Spranger accused of perjury over 'uninhabitable' home in Warren
- Spranger's employees working in fear after security removed
- Simple report turns heated between Spranger and county officials
- Spranger answers claims that her office is 'hostile work environment'
- Spranger caught hiding moving boxes to block move to new building
- Emails reveal another battle between Macomb County officials, clerk Karen Spranger
- Spranger seeks lawyer for court battle with Hackel
- Spranger faces residency controversy
- Macomb County clerk hides in bathroom to avoid questions about dispute with county board
Copyright 2017 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.