DETROIT - Some people are reporting outdoor sirens are sounding in their neighborhoods. While a tornado is possible with any severe storm, we have no indication of one right now.
Every community has different guidelines for sounding the sirens. Straight-line winds exceeding 70 mph are possible with these storms, and that may be the threshold in your community for siren activation.
Watch an update from Ben Bailey below:
Check back with Local 4 for the latest updates in weather.
Keep an eye out for severe weather alerts and the radar here:
- Michigan Weather Radar page
- Metro Detroit Weather Radar page
- Grand Rapids Weather Radar page
- Find all weather forecasts and news at ClickOnDetroit.com/WeatherCenter.
- Check current Weather Alerts here.
Copyright 2019 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.