Fabulous February Finale on Local 4
No. 1 Local News at 4 p.m., 5 p.m., 6 p.m., and 11 p.m.
WDIV-Local 4 is the Detroit market leader across nearly all newscasts in the February TV sweeps period for Detroit (1/30-2/26/2020), with first place finishes in key newscasts, access, and late-night programming.
WDIV-Local 4’s first place newscast finishes include:
· Local 4 News First at 4 is No. 1 in the 4 p.m. time period across all the key demographics. Delivering with a 5.8 household rating/ 16 household share, which equates to 100,000 households, beating both The Now (WXYZ 4 p.m.) (2.0 HH RTG/5 HH SHR/34,000 HH) and Judge Judy (WJBK 4 p.m.) (4.2 HH RTG/12 HH SHR/74,000 HH).
· Local 4 News at 5 p.m. continues its nine-year winning streak and is the leader in the time period across all key demographics. Local 4’s 5 p.m. newscast delivered a 7.4 household rating/17 household share, which equates to 128,000 households, beating both WXYZ (4.1 HH RTG/10 HH SHR/71,000 HH) and WJBK (3.8 HH RTG/9 HH SHR/67,000 HH). WDIV posted marked increases across the key demographics, specifically +62% in Adults 25-54 rating and +33% in Women 25-54 rating, over February 2019.
· Local 4 News at 6 p.m. continues its No. 1 position across all demographics, with an 9.0 rating/19 share/156,000 households as compared to WXYZ (6.3 HH RTG/14 HH SHR/110,000 HH) and WJBK (3.0 HH RTG/6 HH SHR/53,000). WDIV grew YTY, holding its position as Detroit’s No. 1 newscast…+56% in Adults 25-54 rating and +36% in Women 25-54 over February 2019.
· Local 4 News airing Monday through Sunday at 11 p.m. retains its title as Detroit’s No. 1 Late News delivering a 6.8 household rating/16 household share, which equates to 119,000 households. Local 4 News at 11 p.m. beat WJBK’s 10 p.m. news with a 3.8 HH RTG /8 HH SHR /67,000 HH as compared to WXYZ (3.4 HH RTG/8 HH SHR/58,000 HH) and WJBK M-F 11 p.m. (2.6 HH RTG/6 HH SHR/46,000 HH). In addition, Local 4 News is the No. 1 Late News across all the key demographics, this includes beating WJBK’s 10 p.m. news, as well.
· WDIV-Local 4 also continues to be the leader in late-night programming, claiming the No. 1 spot with first place finishes in The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon and Saturday Night Live.
· In the all-important access period at 7 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! continue to dominate across all demographics with a 9.5 rating/18 share, which equates to 165,000 households compared to WXYZ’s 7 p.m. news and The List (4.0 HH RTG/7 HH SHR/70,000 HH) and WJBK’s TMZ/EXTRA (2.6 HH RTG/5 HH SHR /53,000 HH). Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy! grew 66% in Adults 25-54 rating and 65% in Women 25-54 rating over February 2019.
At 6 a.m., Local 4 News Today, anchored by Rhonda Walker, Evrod Cassimy, Jason Carr, Brandon Roux and Kim DeGiulio, delivered a 3.3 HH rating and a 16 HH share, which equates to 57,000 households, placing a closed second to WJBK (3.9 HH rating/18 HH share/67,000 HH) at 6 a.m.
In other dayparts, WDIV’s mid-morning talker - Live in the D – finished at a close 2nd in the time period and delivered a 2.2 household rating / 8 household share, which equates to 39,000 households. This beat The Doctors on WXYZ (1.5 HH RTG/6 HH SHR/27,000 HH).
To cap off the February Sweeps wins, WDIV’s website, ClickOnDetroit.com, kicked off 2020 by finishing as the No. 1 media website in Metro Detroit (Comscore/January 2020). Plus, it’s already poised to finish February as its 2nd highest month yet according to Google Analytics. Currently, from Feb. 1 – date, ClickOnDetroit.com has 6.3 million unique visitors and the month is not over yet.
Copyright 2020 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.