DETROIT - Officials say problems with Detroit's municipal power system forced some city schools to close on Wednesday.
The Detroit Public Schools district announced that 10 schools are closed:
- Bates Academy
- Bow Elementary/Middle
- Foreign Language Immersion and Cultural Studies
- John R. King Academic and Performing Arts Academy
- Pasteur Elementary
- Palmer Park Prep. Academy
- Schulze Academy for Tech and Arts
- Vernor Elementary
- Randolph Careet and Technical Center
- Coleman A. Young Elementary
Bagley Elementary and Cooke Elementary are also closed.
The closures come just a week after DPS closed several schools for two days in a row because of power problems.
"Our teachers and principals share the extreme frustration of our parents as this continues to hinder the educational progress of our children who need to be in school every single day," said district spokeswoman Kaniqua Daniel-Welch.
Sign up: School closing alerts
Copyright 2014 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.