DETROIT - Guests at the Westin Book Cadillac in downtown Detroit were briefly evacuated during the early morning hours of Tuesday because of a fire hazard.
A spokesperson for the hotel, which is off Washington Avenue, said an air conditioning unit in a room on the 17th floor malfunctioned - producing white smoke.
No one was hurt, but guests were led out of the building just after 1 a.m.
They were allowed back in shortly after.
Copyright 2013 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.