ANN ARBOR – The city of Ann Arbor Parks and Recreation Services is looking for a new farmers market manager.
The manager is responsible for overseeing operations of the 101-year-old Ann Arbor Farmers Market in Kerrytown. Beyond weekly market days, the farmers market also hosts special events throughout the year, including food truck rallies, kids activities and cooking demonstrations.
According to the job listing, candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in parks and recreation management, business, agriculture, marketing or a similar field. Candidates must also have managed a similar venue for at least two years.
- Overseeing the market during hours of operation
- Coordinating logistics on market day, from assigning stalls and parking to programming, customer service to token program facilitation and more
- Enforcing the operating rules and regulations of the market
- Ensuring food safety regulations, according to federal and state law
- Coordinating with health inspectors to ensure vendor compliance
- Managing the market’s budget
- Supervising, training and advising market staff
- Promoting market events and more
The year round Ann Arbor Farmers Market has 110 participating vendors and thousands of customers each market day.
To learn more, or to apply, click here.