ANN ARBOR – The Main Street Area Association announced it is canceling its annual downtown trick-or-treat event due to safety concerns amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Each year for the beloved tradition, participating business owners place balloons outside their doors and greet trick-or-treaters and their families.
However, it doesn’t mean Halloween is completely canceled downtown. Other events celebrating the spooky holiday and general autumn season will be taking place, including:
- Family-friendly activities with the Ann Arbor District Library, including a costume and pumpkin contest
- A scavenger hunt at Cherry Republic throughout October
- Grizzly Peak’s Socially Distanced Pups on the Patio Costume Contest
- Halloween-themed Le Bon Macarons
- A hot mulled mead kit at Bløm Meadworks
- Halloween deals at Kouzina & Thrive Juicery
To see the full list of fall happenings downtown, click here.
✉ Like what you’re reading? Sign up for our email newsletter here!