ANN ARBOR, Mich. – Trying to stay active this winter? Go on a socially distanced walk with Ann Arbor Parks & Rec.
Happening weekly, the A2ParkWalks will happen at different parks and nature areas around Tree Town.
Participants can join the group at select times and dates or explore on their own using maps of each location.
In February, featured walks will take place on:
- Saturday, Feb. 6 from 10-11 a.m.: Hansen Nature Area
- Sunday, Feb. 14 from 1-2 p.m.: Olson Park
- Saturday, Feb. 20 from 3-4 p.m.: Sugarbush Park
- Sunday, Feb. 28 from 1-2 p.m.: Southeast Park
Before the walks, participants should check the weather, wear shoes with good traction, dress warmly and have either a printed or downloaded map of where they will be walking.
Natural areas and paths are not cleared or salted so participants should consider carrying walking sticks/or poles, according to the A2ParkWalks website.
Masks should be worn and community members are encouraged to stay six feet away from those not their own household.
Walkers are encouraged to take this survey after each walk and tag #a2parkwalks on their social media posts.
Here’s what to wear/bring according to Parks & Rec:
- Walking shoes with flat, non-skid soles, and good heel and arch support
- Warm and cushioned socks
- Comfortable clothes
- A small amount of cash, a cellphone, an ID and emergency contact information
- A hat/visor, sunscreen and sunglasses for sunny days
- A hat and scarf that will cover the head and ears for cold days
- Layerable clothing that can be removed as needed
- Waterproof clothing (in case of rain)
- Step trackers and fitness devices to count your steps
- Drinking water for before, during and after.
Ann Arbor Parks & Recreation, will begin weekly hosted walks in some parks/natural areas in the system. Download a map about the first walk, Saturday, Feb. 6, 10-11 a.m. at Hansen Nature Area visit https://t.co/5GvGIzlFBa Please remember to wear a mask. @A2GOV @a2NAP @A2Give365 pic.twitter.com/hD0p86lfH6— Ann Arbor Parks Rec (@A2Parks) January 30, 2021