ANN ARBOR – Michigan Medicine and Food Gatherers’ Spring into Action Food Drive will be coming to an end on Sunday.
Those who wish to make food or toiletry donations in-person can do so by Sunday night at the drive’s drop-off point at Dock 90 of the North Campus Research Complex at 2800 Plymouth Rd.
All donations benefit Food Gatherers’ work in the local community, providing grocery distributions and food pantries to those experiencing food insecurity in Washtenaw County.
There's still time to hop to it! Bring food & toiletries to the @umichmedicine donation site by Sunday night, or donate online to fight hunger where we live!— Food Gatherers (@FoodGatherers) April 8, 2022
🥕 Online: https://t.co/PEVqGily3C
🥕In person: 2800 Plymouth Road, Dock 90 in Ann Arbor from 8 am-5 pm thru April 10th pic.twitter.com/pDay9Y8I4Q
Below are items people are encouraged to donate:
- Hearty soups (beef stew, chili, etc.)
- Canned meats (tuna fish, chicken, etc.)
- Canned vegetables
- Packaged pasta & rice
- Whole grain cereal & oatmeal
- Baking & cooking supplies (flour, sugar, oil, etc.)
- Nut butters or jelly
- Kid-friendly snacks (granola bars, goldfish, etc.)
- Baby food & formula
- Ensure & other nutritional supplement drinks
- Baby items (diapers, wipes, etc.)
- Soap & shampoo
- Toothpaste & toothbrushes
- Disposable razors
Monetary donations are also accepted and can be made online, by calling 734-761-2796 or by mailing a check to Food Gatherers to PO Box 131037, Ann Arbor, MI 48113 with “Michigan Medicine” on the memo line.
For more information, visit the event’s website.