Welcome to the home page for ClickOnDetroit comment moderator Dustin Block. Comments posted on this story are written for people who follow Dustin in ClickOnDetroit's commenting system. You can register to comment on the site here. You can follow Dustin in the comment system by clicking his photo below, or reach him at: email@example.com
Posting Comments on ClickOnDetroit
ClickOnDetroit.com encourages reader discussion on its stories. Your feedback, insights and back-and-forth exchanges add a rich layer of context to reporting. The following guidelines are designed to encourage and support open discussions across the site. The same guidelines apply to any content submitted to WDIV or ClickOnDetroit.com Questions about the rules can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to comment ...
1. All users must register with ClickOnDetroit.com to comment on stories.
2. Users agree not to submit inappropriate content, including:
- Any content that violates copyright, trademarks or intellectual property law
- Any content that is libelous or defames
- Personal attacks against other commenters
- Harassing, intimidating, hateful or offensive language
- Personal information of other commenters such as an address, phone number, or email.
- Advertises a product or service
- Avoid name calling, attacking commenters instead of their ideas and
- generally distasteful material. Good rule: Criticize ideas, not people
3. Moderators can remove comments that violate our commenting rules. Users can flag material for a moderator to review and possibly remove.
4. Users can be banned for egregious or repeated violations of the commenting rules. Anyone banned can contact email@example.com for clarification.
5. Comments written in all caps, unusual punctuation or spacing, or generally illegible can be removed.
6. Comments that are off topic or repeated from other comment threads can be removed.
7. Users cannot impersonate others in the comments.
8. Advertising is not permitted in the comments. Links can be shared, but are subject to removal if they don’t add to the conversation. We discourage, and often remove, self promotion.
9. You are fully responsible for all submitted content and give us the right to use any submitted content. If you discover content shared violates copyright, trademark or intellectual property, it’s your responsibility to remove the content.
10. We can remove any content at any time without notifying the user.
11. We can ban users at any time without notice. If you feel you’ve been banned unfairly, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I have to register to comment?
Yes. You have to register and log into ClickOnDetroit.com to comment on the site.
Can I remove or edit a comment?
You can edit a comment up to 5 minutes after you post the comment. You cannot remove a comment once the 5-minute window closes. We generally do not remove comments once they’re shared in the conversation, unless the comment violates our commenting rules. If you would like a comment removed, you can contact us at: email@example.com
I flagged a comment, but it’s still on the site. What happened?
All flagged comments are reviewed by a moderator. If you flag a comment and still see it on the site, it was either reviewed and OK’d by a moderator, or still pending review. If it’s urgent, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why did I get banned?
You violated our commenting policies. Bans range from 1 hour to permanent, depending on a user’s commenting history and the nature of the offensive comment that led to the ban. Bans are made at the discretion of moderators.
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.