What will be the biggest health trends of 2021?
The Better Health Market & Café in Michigan, which has 14 locations statewide, has the answers: 2021 health trends are sensible lifestyles focusing on immunity and wellness.
Here’s what in and what’s out for health trends in 2021:
- Immunity Lifestyles – Boosting immunity is good for metabolism and health. Organic foods of citrus fruits, greens, garlic, ginger, nuts and vitamins of D, C , Zinc, Elderberry and Melatonin aimed at reducing the toxic load in the body from food pesticides – it means our systems can instead focus on other foreign invaders, like building immunity.
- Plant Based Diets – From plant butter to plant-based meats. The taste keeps getting better for the environment and health.
- Anti-Inflammation Diets – Greens like spinach and kale; almonds, walnuts, salmon, tuna, berries, turmeric. Helps the body’s immune system.
- Mental Self Care– It’s okay to admit you have anxiety or depression that impacts sleep. Melatonin and Ashwaganda herbs are trending and said to help as is Omega-3 Fatty Acids in Flax and Fish supplements.
- Keto with Hormone Free Meats – Provides the Bs and Proteins for wellness and weight loss.
- Low Sugar Diets - New low sugar yogurts, chocolates, functional beverages (for energy, digestion, inflammation, weight loss). Even low sugar ketchups!
- Misleading labels –Here is a list of ingredients that Better Health Stores do not allow on its shelves: https://www.thebetterhealthstore.com/nono-list/
- Radically Going Against Your appetite – Trends which avoid eating should be avoided. We all need nutrition.