Official Contest Rules
Live In The D Fan Of The Day Sweepstakes and Swag Bag Contest Promotion Official Rules
· General. By submitting an entry to the Live In The D Fan Of The Day sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) and Swag Bag contest (“Contest”) (collectively, the “Promotion”), brought to you by WDIV (“Station”) and Michigan Instant Lottery Games (the “Sponsors”), the entrant acknowledges and agrees to all of these official Promotion rules (“Official Rules”). NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the Promotion itself, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Station, whose decisions are binding and final. Failure to comply with these Official Rules or any Station instructions relating to the Promotion’ specific rules may result in disqualification from the Promotion. Participation constitutes the full and unconditional agreement of entrant to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
· Eligibility. The Promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents who are a minimum of 18 years of age or older at time of entry and reside in the local viewing area. The Promotion is void wherever prohibited or restricted by applicable federal or state laws and regulations. Winners of any WDIV contests or Sweepstakes that were promoted by Live in the D within the 6 months immediately preceding the Promotion Period are not eligible to enter or win. Employees of Station and Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and members of these employees’ immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and those living in the same household with these employees, are not eligible to enter or win.
· How To Enter. The Promotion begins at 10:00 am EST on January 1, 2023. Deadline to enter is 11:59pm EST on March 31, 2023 (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion Period shall include weekly drawing periods (“Drawing Period”). Station’s time clock shall be the official time clock of the Promotion. To enter, you must accurately complete the Promotion entry form provided on the Station’s contest page at ClickOnDetroit.com/Contests (“Entry Form”). Entry Form requires upload of entrant photo (“Photo”). Photo content does not impact your chances of winning. By entering into the Promotion, entrant represents and warrants as follows: (1) that they created and fully own or have properly licensed the Photo without violating any applicable law, agreement with any third-party, and/or third-party right of any kind (including without limitation any intellectual property, data protection, privacy, or publicity right); and (2) that the Photo truly and accurately depicts entrant. Photo may not contain personally identifiable information or other similar sensitive/confidential information of any third-party or content that is offensive, inappropriate, or inconsistent with the Sponsor/Co-Sponsor’s image or the spirit or purpose of the Promotion. Furthermore, without limitation on anything set forth herein to the contrary, Sponsor will have the irrevocable, transferable, and fully sublicensable right and license (but not the obligation) to exploit the Photo in any manner it so elects to promote the Promotion, its business, brand, products, and/or services, throughout the world in perpetuity, and in all media, now or hereafter known. Entrants must be the registered subscriber of any e-mail address and/or telephone account included in Entry Form. You may enter once during the Promotion Period. Limit one entry per person and per email address and telephone number. Eligible non-winning entries roll over to the subsequent Drawing Period(s) during the Promotion Period, if any. Multiple entries received from any person or e-mail address or telephone number will void all such additional entries. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are inaccurate, incomplete, illegible or corrupted are void and will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned except as disclosed in these Official Rules. By checking the relevant box or selection in the registration form, entrants agree that the Sponsor may contact the entrant via email with information about pre-selected goods or services. If you do not wish to receive these materials do not check the relevant box in the entry form. If at any time you do not wish to receive these materials in the future, please use the unsubscribe procedures contained in the email message.
Station may disqualify any entry that it concludes, in its sole discretion, conveys false, inaccurate or fraudulent information. Any entries determined by Station, in its sole discretion, to include content that is lewd, reflects inappropriate bias, sexually explicit, racist, bigoted, prejudicial or harassing will be void, causing for the entrant to be disqualified and triggering further action as the Station deems necessary. The Station may disqualify any entry that violates the eligibility requirements.
· Selection of Winners. Contest Winners. On Friday of each Drawing Period, Station will randomly draw one potential Contest participant from among all eligible Promotion entries received prior to the drawing and attempt to contact that potential Contest participant using the information provided at the time of entry. Potential Contest participants must confirm that they are (1) able to watch the Live in the D episode scheduled to air the following Tuesday (“Episode”) and (2) participate in the Contest via live telephone call at or around 11:00 am ET during the Live in the D episode the following Wednesday. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the first confirmed potential Contest participant will be eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest will include one trivia question based on the Episode content. If the contestant correctly answers the trivia question, they will be deemed the Contest winner for the Drawing Period. If the contestant fails to correctly answer the trivia question, the contestant will not be a winner. Only Contest winners are eligible to receive a Contest prize. Sweepstakes Winners. Also on Friday of each Drawing Period, Station will randomly draw two (2) potential Sweepstakes winners from among all eligible entries received prior to the drawing. Station will attempt to notify Sweepstakes Prize winners by sending the Sweepstakes Prize to the address submitted at the time of entry. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, Station may broadcast winner’s Photo in connection with winner announcement. Station is not obligated to broadcast any winner’s Photo. Contest winner(s) must completely and accurately execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility, release of liability, publicity release and/or prize acceptance form (“Forms”) within ten (10) days of winner Notification (Station reserves the right to require quicker compliance for time sensitive prizes), or prize(s) may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, time permitting. Winners may be required to display a copy of a valid government photo ID in addition to any Forms. If a Contest winner cannot be contacted, fails to accurately complete and/or submit any required Forms within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused or declined, the potential winner may forfeit the prize and another potential winner may be selected from among the remaining eligible received, time permitting. A POTENTIAL PRIZE WINNER IS NOT A WINNER UNTIL HIS OR HER ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES HAS BEEN VERIFIED BY THE STATION. Station reserves the right to contact all Promotion entrants using the contact information provided in the Entry Form to confirm any entry. The official entry list will remain the property of Station and will not be distributed to the Sponsor without the specific approval of the Promotion entrant through the use of the Opt In check box on the registration form.
· Prizes . Sweepstakes Prize (1 per winner): Tubby’s Sub Shop gift card(s) with total $10.00 value. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) $10.00. ARV of all Sweepstakes Prizes: $1,500. Contest Swag Bag Prize (1 per winner): The Contest swag bag prize (“Swag Bag Prize”) includes one (1) $10 Michigan Instant Lottery Ticket, two (2) $5 Tubby’s Sub Shop gift cards. ARV of each Contest prize: $20. ARV of all Contest prizes: Maximum of $20. Gift card prize subject to all applicable terms and conditions. Unless otherwise stated, all sweepstakes prizes or prize certificates will be mailed to each winner at the address provided by the potential winner on the Entry Form. Station and Sponsors not responsible for loss, delay or damage in shipping. All Contest prizes must be picked up by the winner at the station. Contest winner must show govrnment ID to claim their prize. There will be no substitution, transfer or cash equivalent for prizes, except at the sole discretion of Station, which may substitute prizes of comparable value. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period prior to each Sweepstakes drawing. The odds of being selected to qualify as a contestant for the Contest depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period prior to each contestant drawing. Limit one prize per person and per household. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes related to the award of the prize are solely the responsibility of the winner. Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash and may not be transferred, sold, bartered or auctioned. Resale of any prize component is prohibited. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Properly claimed prize will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible entries are received, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in the Official Rules. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. For tax purposes, the winner may be required to fully complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 to the Station in order to receive the prize. If the approximate retail value of the prize(s) exceeds $600, Station and or Sponsors will arrange to issue IRS Form 1099 MISC to winner reflecting the value of the prize.
· Disclaimer and Representations. Winner(s) assumes all liability for any injuries or damages caused or claimed to be caused by his or her participation in the Promotion and/or the acceptance and/or use of any prize, and releases the Station and Sponsors and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, from any such liability. Neither the Station nor the Sponsors, nor their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees are responsible for: the failure of any entry to be received by the Station due to computer failures of any kind, traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, telecommunications, network, electronic, telephone or mobile service outages, delays, busy signals, or any equipment malfunctions or other technical difficulties that may prevent the Station from receiving any entry submission; entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed by computer transmissions, lost, late or damaged; any injury or damage to the entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation or accessing or downloading any materials related to the Promotion; or any human errors, any inaccurate transcription of entry information, errors in any promotional or marketing materials or errors in these Official Rules. If applicable, text message and data rates may apply, and the Station is not responsible for any fees incurred by an entrant for any method of entry.
The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Station’s website or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the Official Rules may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. All decisions of the Station’s management with respect to the Promotion are final.
Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Promotion if it is not capable of running as planned, including, without limitation, as a result of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, or for any reason whatsoever. The Station reserves the right to make changes in these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement or posting. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Station, any event related to the Promotion or prize is delayed, rescheduled, postponed, cancelled or has a change of venue, the Station reserves the right, but is not obligated, to cancel or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize.
Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use winner’s name, home city and state, likeness and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional compensation. The winner’s name and city of residence will be posted online and mailed to those who request it.
· Winner Announcement. For the name of the winner(s), send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt within 60 days following the end of the Promotion Period to Station at 550 W. Lafayette, Detroit, MI 48226. Attn: Promotion Winner List, or request it online at email@example.com. Be sure to specify the name of the promotion for which you are requesting the list of winner(s).
Station/Administrator: WDIV, W. Lafayette, Detroit, MI 48226
Michigan Instant Lottery Games
Michigan Lottery Headquarters
101 E. Hillsdale Street
(P.O. Box 30023)
Lansing, MI 48909
Copyright 2018 by WDIV ClickOnDetroit - All rights reserved.