DETROIT – Google is officially opening a new Downtown Detroit office right next to Little Caesars Arena.
Google has signed a lease with Olympia and The District Detroit and will open an office on East Henry Street, right next to the new arena.
Some quick background details:
- The address for the Detroit office: 52 East Henry St. Detroit, MI 48201
- Exact square footage: 29,178 sq. ft.
- Occupancy upon move in: Over 100 employees
- Current employee count in Michigan: 600+ employees across offices in Ann Arbor and Birmingham
- Once the interior design and construction is complete, the office will be home to media sales and technical support Googlers currently working out of Birmingham.
- Estimated move in date: Spring 2018
"The city of Detroit has a rich history of culture and innovation, and we’re excited to be a part of its world class talent and world class companies. Our new space will not only provide room for future growth, but will also give us the opportunity to contribute to the dynamic economic and community activity happening in Detroit," Google said in a statement.
“This exciting move by Google is another clear sign that, in The District Detroit, we’re building one of the best and most exciting places to live, work and play in the entire region. Google joins other world-class organizations in the Detroit Pistons, the Detroit Red Wings, the Detroit Tigers, Olympia Entertainment, 313 Presents, the Mike Ilitch School of Business at Wayne State University, Little Caesars Pizza and others who are bringing new development, jobs and innovation to this critical area in our community. We welcome Google as the first of many new tenants expected to join The District Detroit in office, retail and residential developments," said Chris Ilitch.